Rss Categories

Can I correct 941, 944, or 940 forms?

Views: 16490 Created: 2014-07-10 15:49 Last Updated: 2018-12-04 17:39


I need to correct a previously submitted 941, 944, or 940 form.  How do I do this?


The filing of corrected 941, 944, or 940 forms is not available through Yearli.  The corrections can be made by doing the following:

  • Corrections to a 941 form can be filed using the 941-X form.
  • Corrections to a 944 form can be filed using the 944-X form.
  • The 940 form does not have a special form for filing corrections.  To file a corrected 940, use a 940 form and check the Amended Return box in the top right corner of the form.

For more information on filing the corrected 941, 944, or 940 forms, please reference the instructions for the forms or contact the IRS directly at 1-866-255-0654.


  • Yearli Core
  • Yearli Performance